Not much of a recipe actually since it’s so ridiculously simple that I can’t believe I haven’t made this earlier, especially since when Sophia took a bite, her eyes lit up and after finishing the first batch she dragged me out of bed to make another batch.
I actually got the idea of making Parmesan crisps from noticing that Sophia especially loves the crispy bits of cheese melted off her cheese bread from breadtalk. Instinctively I thought it tasted like melted Parmesan cheese and a quick google checked showed that melting and browning Parmesan was indeed the way to make Parmesan crisps. I merely adjusted the classic recipe slightly to make it crispier, and also ever so slightly less salty. Sophia has these as snacks but they are quite salty so I would suggest having them with soup or pasta or something bland
Parmesan crisp recipe (makes about 5 x 2 inch rounds)
- Half cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon wholemeal flour
- (Optional for a more sophisticated flavour) dash of black pepper and/or some herbs like parsley
- Mix all ingredients well
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture on a lined baking sheet, spacing them well.
- Flatted the cheese into this discs
- Place into 200 degrees Celsius oven for about 5-8 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool and serve.
Enjoy seeing your kid’s face light up!